Friday, July 11, 2008

Trip to the park

Lately, Becca and I have been making more excursions to some of the local parks in Provo. We would do this before Calvin arrived in an attempt to hasten his arrival and now we go because we are too afraid to take him anywhere else that is really public and sometimes we just need to get out of the house. Besides these reasons it is always so relaxing and refreshing being outside during the cool utah summer nights. But last nights decision to go to the park turned out to be quite an adventure for our new little family.
Becca and I gathered all the essential supplies and put Calvin into his car seat and off we went to the park. Yippee! The car seemed to be driving funny to me and after pulling out of our parking lot I stopped the car and got out to check one of the tires. Yep-totally flat! I was actually kind of glad that it happened then as I had noticed a bulge on the side of that particular tire a few weeks ago and had mentioned to Becca that we needed to replace it, but in the meantime I had been watching it like a hawk. Still determined to get to the park, I parked the car on the side of the road and we went to get in our other car to go to the park. We began to transfer all of our gear (diaper bag, car seat, base, etc.) when Becca noticed that Calvin was sitting unphased in a puddle of poo in the car seat. After spending 30 minutes in getting ready to leave and knowing it would take 30 more to get cleaned up and ready to go again, we decided we were too "pooped" out and threw in the towel. But at least we tried.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, the wonderful Pooplosions! GOtta love those! SOrry about the flat tire!

Brian Miller said...

Sounds like a crappy experience.

Melinda Jones said...

I like the fact that Cal is getting started early with the major poops. Like father like son! At least he doesn't clog the toilet like someone I know who's name starts with W and rhymes with Malt.

-Taylor

Karen Brown said...

I am still laughing out loud! Kids are so great! Your comment about can he pee in his own face on Quinn's blog sent me to you! YOU KEEP THAT GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR GOING! So happy for you both! Quinn's mom - Karen