Monday, December 31, 2007

Got Lice?

This past week Becca and I were up in Washington for Christmas. On Christmas Eve there was a family get together at Becca's parents house and among those in attendance was my little niece Emily who is almost 8 years old and can also be VERY outspoken and opinionated. Towards the end of the night Emily was sitting on my lap when she began to feel around in my hair like a mother monkey does to her little monklings (if thats not a word than it is now). She does this for a couple of minutes than diagnosis me with parasite infestation by exclaiming "you have lice". She was so emphatic about this that I almost began to believe her. She continued by diagnosing pretty much everybody at the party except for Grandpa because she said "he doesn't have enough hair." We finally got her to adjust her diagnosis just a little bit by saying that we had either a little case of dandruff or leftover hair product particles, but either way she told us "it was the beginning stages of lice" and that we needed "to be sure to shower." Whether Emily is right or not I have definitely been scrubbing my hair a little harder lately while showering.

15 comments:

bec said...

I really don't think you needed a picture for this blog. Or how about a picture of monkeys instead? They're a lot cuter than lice.

browntowntwenty1 said...

Ok that is sick and wrong! I agree with Becca. But thanks for the blog.

browntowntwenty1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
browntowntwenty1 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

OK you need to seriously need to change your blog because that is gross. P.S. This is Quinn

Taylor said...

It is about time that you updated you blog, although I don't think you necessarily need to divulge your lack of hygiene with the entire world wide web.

Brandon said...

You know you are right Taylor. I think my next blog will be about your hygeine and how Walt and I would have to brush your teeth for you in your bed because you wouldn't brush them yourself.

Taylor said...

I don't know what you are talking about...

browntowntwenty1 said...

nasty

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

YYYYYyyyyyeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!!!!! Now that you are going to have a boy I don't want to see this lice pic anymore!!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

What?!?!? Still no change? Oh boy

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

and no pun intended ;)

The Dave said...

Who's surprised that The Creepa has lice? Not me. I remember this one time, long ago, when The Creep Show and I were manicuring some sweet old ladies lawn when he was attacked by bees. I assume it's because he smelled like left over baby diapers that'd been stuffed inside of a wet mattress, but who knows for sure. Anyway, after he got stung 48 times, he started crying like a little girl with a skinned knee. What this has to do with his head lice? I don't know, but it sure was funny.

Melinda Jones said...

6 posts in 8 months? Your blogging skills really stink. I can't believe I am even taking the time to post this...

- Taylor

Melinda Jones said...

You stink. Update your blog, fool. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of your dated blog. Also, I am sick of seeing this gross picture of a magnified lice. By the way, is lice plural or singular? It would have to be plural because no one ever has just one, they travel in herds, in flocks, in packs, whatever...Update your blog, dude, or you will be sorry. This is your verbal warning, next time I won't be so merciful.